“SUPPORTING PEOPLE TO ACHIEVE A FULFILLING LIFE IN THEIR COMMUNITY.”
ICF-ID Instructors assist individuals with disabilities in their day-to-day lives and activities. They assist with household chores, supervision, appointments, shopping, meal preparation, medications, and much more. ICF-ID Instructors change lives! In a nutshell, they help people be all they can be!
We strive for independence, self-advocacy, dignity, and enhanced quality of life. Progress Industries places much value on a well developed and educated work force. We pride ourselves in the comprehensive training provided to our employees.
Progress Industries provides competitive wages and benefits to its employees including medical, dental, prescription, group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, vision insurance, and retirement.
If you want to change and enhance lives (including your own) and receive competitive pay and benefits while doing something you enjoy, please call today!!
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent,
- Prefer ICF/ID or other related experience
- Ability to teach and train all the skills necessary for individuals to pursue the most independent level of living.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to communicate with staff and individuals within your care and responsibility.
- Maintain a valid Iowa driver’s license and a private automobile used to carry out job duties. Carry adequate liability insurance.
- Must be able to pass criminal and abuse background checks, driving record check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Take all mandatory courses required of this position.
- Ability to ambulate stairs, stoop, bend, reach, lift at least 50 pounds, and transfer persons served. Demonstrate physical dexterity and stamina as required for interventions.
- Maintain on record at P.I. a telephone number where employee can be reached in case of emergency or for call-in purposes.
- Have adequate computer skills to complete job duties as assigned