Supporting people to achieve a fulfilling life in their community.
Progress Industries is a private, non-profit 501(c)3 organization that provides services and support for people with intellectual disabilities in central Iowa to realize dreams and exercise real choices about where they live, work and socialize. Progress Industries offers a wide range of comprehensive services for people with disabilities and other life challenges. By providing a continuum of quality services and community education, we tackle issues and barriers facing people with disabilities.
Progress Industries offers a very competitive salary and benefits package that includes health, dental, vision insurance, paid time off, 403(b) retirement benefits and more.
We are seeking top talent for our HCBS (Home and Community Based Services) Manager role for our Polk County operations in Des Moines. The HCBS Manager is responsible to oversee day-to-day operations of their assigned locations and caseloads of persons served. This includes programming for persons served, staff scheduling, maintenance of sites, and budgeting. The HCBS Manager will report directly to the HCBS Coordinator, and will supervise HCBS Direct Support staff assigned.
* Assist with hiring, orientation, training and evaluating of HCBS direct support staff
* Orientation for new person served, assessing skills & providing appropriate input
* Assist in the implementation of the support plan objectives of the persons served
* Monitor site to ensure living spaces are properly maintained, safe and clean.
* Find replacement staff to cover for regular staff due to personal leave, vacation time, etc.
* Provide training and monitoring of person served budgets
* Monitor documentation completing weekly log reviews and scheduled observations.
* Give input in budget development and implementation for assigned departments.
* Maintain services which are high in satisfaction.
* Use re-directional de-escalating techniques to maintain a calm and flexible demeanor.
* Provide encouragement, support, leadership, training, correction, and evaluation to staff.
* Hold regular house and team meetings.
* Work a flexible schedule, which should include some evening and weekend hours.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- One of the following qualifications must be met: a) A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the social or behavioral sciences and one year post-degree experience in the delivery, planning, coordination or administration of human services, b) A high school degree (or its equivalent) and five years post-degree experience in the areas outlines in #1, and c) A combination of post high school education or experience as outlined in #1 totaling five years. At least one year must be experience.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and quick decision-making when the situation requires.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others.
- Possess “leadership ability” as it relates to supervision and training of staff.
- Ability to be creative and advocate when giving input to “program of training” for the person served.
- Maintain a valid Iowa Drivers License and a private automobile used to carry out job duties. Hold adequate liability insurance as required by law.
- Be available for on-call assistance when emergencies arise at assigned sites.
- Complete DMACC approved Medication Managers course and attend all mandatory training required of this position.
- Be proficient in computer skills, which may include Word, Excel, Therap, Person Served Financial Database, etc.