“SUPPORTING PEOPLE TO ACHIEVE A FULFILLING LIFE IN THEIR COMMUNITY.”
Direct Support Staff assist individuals with disabilities in their day-to-day lives and activities. They assist with household chores, supervision, appointments, shopping, meal preparation, medications, and much more. Direct support staff change lives! They help people be all they can be!
We strive for independence, self-advocacy, dignity, and enhanced quality of life. Progress Industries places much value on a well developed and educated work force. We pride ourselves in the comprehensive training provided to our employees.
Progress Industries provides competitive wages and part-time benefits to include PTO, retirement and EAP.
If you want to change and enhance lives (including your own) and receive competitive pay and benefits while doing something you enjoy, please call today!!
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Prefer some college courses in human relations field or 2 years of experience working with people.
- Ability to teach and train all the skills necessary for persons served to pursue the most independent level of living their potential will grant them. Prefer experience working with individuals with disabilities and understands and promotes their rights and program needs.
- Maintain a valid Iowa driver’s license and a private automobile used to carry out job duties. Hold adequate liability insurance.
- Able to ambulate stairs, stoop, bend, reach, lift at least 50 pounds, and transfer persons served. Demonstrate physical dexterity and stamina as required for interventions.
- Attend orientation and all required courses for this position, and keep all courses current.
- Maintain a telephone number where employee can be reached in case of emergency.
- Have adequate computer skills to complete job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass criminal and abuse background checks, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screen.